Wednesday 17 November 2010

12 years

Well today is my 12th wedding anniversary and I just wanted to tell all - well the one of you who actually reads this blog (!) that despite the ups and downs, it's been a great 12 years - 19 together though!
Our wedding day was at Gretna Green with just my mum and step father, my husband's brother, my husband's best mate and my best mate with her then husband.
We stayed for 2 nights in bonny Scotland and when we returned we arranged to meet up with our friends on the Saturday night - we married on the Tuesday.
On the Saturday, I introduced my husband to everyone - they were all very shocked! We had kept it very quiet!
Looking at the weddings we have been to since - and before I might add - there are only one or two of them who are still together - they were all big weddings in churches etc - I think we did the best thing. It doesn't have to be big, showy or have the wow! factor for things to work - we are happy, and hope that we will be for a good few years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment