Saturday 9 October 2010

Time flies

Well it's been a long time since I last blogged!
Much has happened - I resigned as both DC and holiday advisor in June and have left things to them all. I was professional about it and made sure that I handed over everything which needed to be done, even made a disc with all the paperwork on as a back up!
Despite handing over two jobs I still seem to be lacking a lot of personal time - why haven't I found some more time?
I was fortunate enough to go to the Guiding Centenary Camp at Harewood House as part of the CAST team - the adults who supported every activity going on - and met some fantastic people and have made some great new friends.
After that experience I have now volunteered to go and help at Charnwood 2011 international camp as part of the first aid team - that will be fun too!!
Work remains a challenge especially as the other sister has been told to improve her performance or risk being performanced managed in another 4 months time and then being downgraded, so she is now trying to be very proactive but failing miserably and making everyone's life a misery at the same time - oh well.
I hope to start blogging a bit more regularly now but time will only tell - I will make more time for me!
I am off to the National Space Centre this evening to help another Brownie Holiday Advisor with her large scale holiday licence but also as a bit of background research as I'm going to be taking 100 girls there in February so this will hopefully give me a bit of a head's up of what to expect.
Will tell all tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment